Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Thing 20, Week 9 (Actually done on week 9)

The end is almost here!!! I shall have finished Library 2.0 quite soon - it is the last week!

All right, now onto Youtube, you know, shockingly, I have hardly gone on this sight but now that I had to actually go on for Library 2.0 I needed to force myself off or I would have wasted to much time looking up cool videos on there.

So here are some videos I checked out:

Conan the Librarian - since it was listed I had to check it out. Funny and over the top. I doubt we could get away with doing to patrons what Conan did to the one returning the late book - yeesh!

The adventures of Super Librarian - cool, and downright silly in a very funny way. I noticed that she was using one of the book desensitizers we use behind the service desks on the first floor.

Interval Library was very cool - it was all about compact shelving being moved at the beat of Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca (at least that's what I think is the name of the music). Someone had a lot of time on their hands to do that but for someone like me that actually searches for books in the lower level on our compact shelves it was very entertaining.

Mr Bean: The Library - oh this was just wrong. I've always found Mr. Bean to be very funny. I tell you, now I know who is responsible for missing pages in our books - it is worth checking out to get a good laugh.

Finally, with all the pictures of the Azores on my blog, I had to look up "Azores" on Youtube - here were two I liked:

Azores: Portugal. Europe - Travel Video PostCard - it was a very short little video on the Azores - but it had interesting things to see and hear.

The Azores, Portugal (by mistercharisma) - this was a 4 minute video showing pictures of Sao Miguel the biggest Island of the Azores with a song from Coldplay being played in the background. Very simple but yet very well done.

As you can tell I had to much fun with this exercise, I chose the videos I did because they just seemed really interesting and were about topics I'm interested in - Libraries and the Azores. It would be cool if we could incorporate videos into our website. Maybe with quick online classes on how to use the library and our website.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

It would be so cool if we could post videos on our website - I love your suggestions too. This is definitely an idea to look into...