Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thing 14, Week 6 (Done on week 7)

Well, here I am...behind again. Aargh!!! But only by one week so no big deal. Moving on... So this exercise was less interesting then previous ones. I just wasn't into it as much but I still did what was requested. When I put Learning 2.0 under the three searches, different material came up - both in quantity and quality. For Blog Posts - 33,964 blog posts were found. For Tags - 185 blog posts were found. And for Blog Directory - 319 actual blogs came up. For me the best quality search was the Blog Directory, I found the info that came up was more useful and interesting when it came to Learning 2.0.

Then I went and checked out the popular blog, searches and tags. Nothing really surprising came up. I sort of would've like to know what the blog was about that was all in Chinese characters (at least I think it was Chinese...could be Japanese). I was curious about that, I guess that was a bit suprising to find one of the most popular was not in English. I didn't know Technorati was so popular worldwide. That was something interesting that I found out. As for interesting, I found it funny (and interesting) that one of the top searches was for barcamplondon2. It was interesting to me because it seemed to be a technology conference and it was named "Bar Camp" - I guess I have a weird sense of humor but...oh well.

I can see how tagging can be useful so that it makes it easier for people to find our blogs. But as for the optional exercise of tagging my blogs I think I'll leave that on my "possible" to do list.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

I also think Bar Camp is a funny name for a conference. It definitely sounds like a conference I would like to check out. I guess I also have a weird sense of humor :)